The Ghostbusters of Southern California recognizes that the members of GBSC have no claim to the copyright and intellectual property of Sony/Columbia Pictures. Members acknowledge and accept that they, portray the characters of GHOSTBUSTERS when in costume and acting on behalf of the GBSC. While representing the GBSC, members agree to do so courteously, professionally, and responsibly at all times.
Code of Conduct
The Ghostbusters of Southern California recognizes that its costumes represent characters from the GHOSTBUSTERS™ films and as such, costume-wearers carry the responsibility of portraying these characters professionally and tastefully while in public. For these reasons, all members are prohibited from acting in a manner disrespectful towards the image they are portraying, towards fellow organization members, or towards the public at large while in costume at any event where the GBSC are official participants.
Membership in the Ghostbusters of Southern California is a privilege granted by this private organization, not a social or legal right.
1. The Ghostbusters of Southern California is an inclusive, equal-opportunity, non-discriminatory club. Membership is open to persons 21 years or older who own a costume that meets with the standards of accuracy, completeness, and quality of construction as required by GBSC.
2. Members agree to use and wear their costumes in accordance with the participation requirements as set forth by GBSC.
3. Members are expected to comply with their respective applicable local, regional, and national laws.
4. The right to grant, deny, revoke, or suspend membership is reserved by and under the authority of the GBSC current members and must be agreed upon by a majority vote and may not be superseded by any one member.
5. The Ghostbusters of Southern California reserves the right to deny or revoke membership at any time, based on any past criminal history. Notice of such denial or revocation will be posted on the private GBSC Facebook page or other mass group messaging system.
6. All members of the Ghostbusters of Souther California MUST own a full and complete Ghostbusters uniform. Please see the UNIFORM section of these guidelines for further information.
7. All members of the Ghostbusters of Southern California MUST own 1(one) Primary prop as seen in either GHOSTBUSTERS or GHOSTBUSTERS 2. Please see the PRIMARY EQUIPMENT section of these guidelines for further information.
An Active Member is defined as a member in good standing who meets the following requirements:
1. Meets all GBSC Membership Requirements (i.e. ownership of an approved costume, is over 21 years of age, etc).
2. Maintains active contact with other group members. Active contact and participation will be confirmed during group meet ups or build days.
3. Participates in at least one GBSC activity per year while wearing an approved GBSC costume owned by said member. One year is defined as the period from January 1st to December 31st of the same year. Examples of an activity include, but are not limited to conventions, charity events, or any activity designated as an official event by the group membership.
4. Members who serve in military branches are exempt from activity level requirements if their service renders them unable to meet these requirements.
These Minimum Activity Level Requirements should be administered as justly and with as much common sense as possible.
A member may retain active status, even if they do not meet all of the requirements listed above at the discretion of their fellow GBSC members.
An Active Member is eligible to:
1. Post on the GBSC Facebook page using admin privilege.
2. Vote on potential new members and other group issues.
3. Wear a GBSC group logo patch.
4. Participate in GBSC member only prop build days and get togethers.
5. Buy or create official GBSC member-only merchandise.
6. Have their picture and/or profile displayed on gbofsc.com in the membership section.
7. Participate in official GBSC events (i.e. charity benefits, celebrity appearances, guest escorts, etc).
8. Have access to the GBSC private communication boards.
A Junior Member is defined as a member in good standing who meets all of the requirements of an Active Member, except for the minimum age requirement.
A Reserve Member must still participate in a supporting role for GBSC at any events that allow under age 21 patrons.
Examples of supporting activities include, but are not limited to the following: build days, out-of-costume event help, and/or any other non-administrative support functions to be approved by the active members.
A Junior Member is eligible to:
1. Wear a GBSC group logo patch.
2. Participate in GBSC member only prop build days and get togethers.
3. Have their picture and/or profile displayed on gbofsc.com in the membership section. (Parent or Guardian approval must be given if under 18)
4. Participate in official GBSC events when under age 21 patrons are allowed. (i.e. charity benefits, celebrity appearances, guest escorts, etc).
A Junior Member is NOT eligible to:
1. Post on the GBSC Facebook page using admin privilege.
2. Vote on potential new members and other group issues.
3. Have access to the GBSC private communication boards.
4. Participate in events that require a specific age requirement (i.e. over 18 or over 21.)
1. All members of the Ghostbusters of Southern California MUST own a full and complete uniform consisting of a flight suit, and matching pistol belt.
2. An acceptable flight suit would be a khaki suit as seen in GHOSTBUSTERS or GHOSTBUSTERS 2 with the corresponding No Ghost arm patch or a grey suit as seen in the GHOSTBUSTERS 2 montage scene. Flight suits must be clean and well kept. The only exception being for a “slimed” suit. Preferred flight suits would be a Gibson & Barnes poly cotton or nomex, Cockpit USA, Tru-Spec, Surplus CWU 27P nomex, a dyed Rothco suit is acceptable for the Ghostbusters 2 montage scene suit but a Gibson & Barnes is preferable.
3. Each flight suit must be accompanied by its corresponding pistol or web belt. An M-1936 Pistol Belt was used with both the GHOSTBUSTERS and GHOSTBUSTERS 2 khaki flight suits. A 3″ all black pistol belt is acceptable to use with the grey flight suit from the GHOSTBUSTERS 2 montage scene, the screen used belts were custom made.
4. Belt key fobs are encouraged but not required. If fobs are worn on the belt they must match the uniform and belt being worn. In GHOSTBUSTERS leather key fobs with a silver button and hardware were worn on the pistol belt. In GHOSTBUSTERS 2 the same leather fobs were worn with the khaki suits in the birthday party scene and the black, white, and grey webbed fobs with silver hardware and 3″ black belt were worn in the museum showdown scene. The 3″ black belt with black, white, and grey key fobs were also worn with the grey suit in the GHOSTBUSTERS 2 montage scene.
5. A LifeGard II PASS Alarm is worn with the GHOSTBUSTERS 2 khaki and grey flight suits when the 3″ black belt is worn. A LifeGard IV is also acceptable. A LifeGard is encouraged but not required.
6. If a khaki flight suit is worn the correct corresponding leg hose and leg hose connector must be worn. Yellow with GHOSTBUSTERS and clear with GHOSTBUSTERS 2.
7. The acceptable foot wear for a GHOSTBUSTERS uniform is a pair of 10″ military jump boots. Side zip boots are preferred but not required. The closest boot to screen used is the Corcoran 995 boot.
1. All members of the Ghostbusters of Southern California are required to own 1(one) major piece of ghostbusting equipment as seen in the GHOSTBUSTERS movies, cartoons, video games, or comic books.
2. Proton Packs must resemble either the ones seen in GHOSTBUSTERS, GHOSTBUSTERS 2, The Real GHOSTBUSTERS, GB:TVG, or any of the GHOSTBUSTERS comic books. No custom builds unless approved by a majority vote.
3. Ghost Traps must resemble either the ones seen in GHOSTBUSTERS, GHOSTBUSTERS 2, The Real GHOSTBUSTERS, GB:TVG, or any of the GHOSTBUSTERS comic books. No custom builds unless approved by a majority vote. Matty Collector Trap does not count as a members 1 piece but is acceptable.
4. PKE Meters must resemble either the ones seen in GHOSTBUSTERS, GHOSTBUSTERS 2, The Real GHOSTBUSTERS, GB:TVG, or any of the GHOSTBUSTERS comic books. No custom builds unless approved by a majority vote. Matty Collector PKE Meter does not count as the members 1 piece but is acceptable
1. Giga Meters must resemble the one seen in GHOSTBUSTERS 2. No custom builds unless approved by a majority vote.
2. Ghost Sniffers must resemble either the ones seen in GHOSTBUSTERS, The Real GHOSTBUSTERS, or any of the GHOSTBUSTERS comic books. No custom builds unless approved by a majority vote.
3. Proton Pistols must resemble the ones seen in the GHOSTBUSTERS comic books. No custom builds unless approved by a majority vote.
4. Realistic Sound Meter as seen in GHOSTBUSTERS 2
5. Radiacmeter as seen in GHOSTBUSTERS or GHOSTBUSTERS 2. The model used in the films was an IM-179 but the IM-179/u
6. KUD Meter as seen in GHOSTBUSTERS 2. No custom builds unless approved by a majority vote.
7. Globuscope Camera as seen in GHOSTBUSTERS 2 must be the same model camera as seen on screen or a replica of said item.
There are many other items from the GHOSTBUSTERS universe. If a prop you are interested in building is not listed in these guidelines please petition the group via the GBSC private Facebook page or other mass messaging system for acceptable items and guidelines.
Casual or Out of Uniform Events
A Casual or Out of Uniform event can be constituted as any event that the group is together in an official capacity but is not in costume. These rules apply to those events.
1. A GBSC members jacket or T-shirt is required.
2. All members are required to act in a respectful manner towards the public and other group members.
3. Excessive alcohol consumption is not allowed.
4. All State, Local, and National laws must be followed.
Common sense must be used at all time. GBSC is a public group and needs to maintain a positive public image.
Merchandise & Branding
This set of standards includes any item, print, or paraphernalia that bears the Ghostbusters of Southern California name, logo, or URL.
1. Any items bearing the words “Ghostbusters of Southern California”, “GBSC”, GBofSC”, or group URLs are considered representative of the GBSC. Such proposed items are to be submitted to the group for consideration. The group members may impose additional regulations governing the production and/or distribution of such merchandise and make them available to the group members ONLY. In the case of questionable material, the majority group vote has final word on approval.
2. All members must pay their share when group merchandise is ordered. If a member fails to pay their share, said member is not entitled to any of said merchandise.
3. All merchandise will be voted on with majority vote being the final say. If a member is on the opposite side of said vote said member is still expected to support the group and pay their share to be entitled to any of said merchandise.
4. GBSC items must be free of vulgarity.
5. GBSC items must be as free of copyrighted material as possible (including use of unmodified Sony/Columbia Pictures photos or artwork).
6. GBSC items must be sold only to members of GBSC and at cost except in sanctioned cases of fundraising approved by the groups majority vote.
7. GBSC items must not be advertised anywhere open to the general public.
8. GBSC items must not be tied to any outside commercial entity or venture without the express permission of Sony/Columbia Pictures.
9. GBSC items must not misrepresent or misidentify its user/wearer in any role other than as a member or supporter of the Ghostbusters of Southern California fan club. No shirt will bear the label “Security” or “Staff” unless created with the full permission of an event organizer and labeled specifically for that event only.
10. GBSC items specifying a sub-unit of the club are NOT allowed.
There is NO compensation for being a member of the Ghostbusters of Southern California.
GBSC does not accept any of the following
1. Pay in any way for attending an event
3. Gas money
These guidelines may be modified at any time for any reason seen fit by the group membership. All group members are expected to follow these guidelines at all time when in gear representing GBSC or at an out of costume event representing GBSC. Changes to these guidelines must be voted in by a majority vote.
If you think you can accpet these guidelines send us and email about potential membership.
Include in your email a picture and small bio about yourself,
And we hope to see you at the next event.
Email us @ GBofSC@gmail.com